Healthcare providers are essential to addressing viral hepatitis and liver disease for the people of Hawai‘i. We are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date and comprehensive education, information, and guidelines for the management and treatment of viral hepatitis.
Practice and Treatment Guidelines
Billing and Coding
- Coding and Billing for Hepatitis Services (Hawaii) – guidelines for appropriate billing of hepatitis screening and immunizations, with CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 codes as well as examples of possible billing codes for various situations
- Comprehensive Hepatitis Clinician Toolkit – guidance on screening, immunizations, serology and codes for billing, including ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes. Mahalo to the California Department of Public Health!
- Guide to Hepatitis C Testing - guidelines for primary care providers, including latest recommendations, billing codes, and resources for educating patients. From the American Academy of HIV Medicine and American College of Physicians.
- Medicare Learning Network – guidelines on billing and screening for HCV in adults
The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
- Guidelines for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B (November 2015)
- Update Summary for hcvguidelines.com (June 2015)
- Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C (hcvguidelines.org)
- Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Management of Patients with Hepatitis B (September, 2009)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- STD Treatment Guidelines (including updates on Hepatitis C Sexual Transmission among HIV+ Men who have Sex with Men) (May, 2015)
- Testing for HCV Infection: An Update of Guidelines for Clinicians and Laboratorians (May ,2013)
Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP)
European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL)
- EASL Recommendations on the Treatment of Hepatitis C 2014 (January, 2014)
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines (April, 2012)